Edwards, Helen Joy
Helen Joy Edwards, 97, of Carrollton passed away Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Joy was born on August 6th, 1924. She grew up as an only child and learned her way around the farm. But what Joy really enjoyed was building or remodeling homes and then after a couple years of staying that house, Joy decided it was time to find another real estate venture.
In the late 1980’s Doug retired and Doug and Joy bought a home at Holly Lake Ranch. As with other locations that were home, Doug and Joy would always find their way to the local church. They both enjoyed the fellowship of the church and too they liked to help others who were not so privileged
Joy loved her Blue Bell ice cream and crossword puzzles.
When all is said and done, Joy could be easily defined as the Worthy Woman spoken of in Proverbs. Joy was always kind and she made sure you were comfortable when you were in her home. I will miss her very much.
Rest Well Joy.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference